Storage Tips To Make Storage Easy & Damage Free
– Store items you’ll need most often at the front of the unit.
– When you pack your storage unit, create a center aisle for access to all items.
– Do not place boxes directly on concrete floors, but use pallets or skids to allow air flow around and under items.
– Whenever possible, place dressers and tables top-to-top to save space.
– When storing tables and other furniture, remove legs and store tabletops and sofas on end, to save space.
– Old photographs tend to curl over time. To keep them flat, place them between two pieces of cardboard and tape them together.
– Use trash cans to store shovels, hoes and rakes.
– Drain gasoline and oil from lawn mowers and other items with small engines.
– When storing metal items, to retard rust, wipe all metal surfaces with a rag containing a few drops of machine oil.
– Mattresses should be covered and stored flat on level surfaces.
– Use protective covers and treat wood surfaces before storing.
– Pack blankets, draperies, and dress clothes on the hanger in a wardrobe box.
Check out our Packaging Tips!